Saturday, February 21, 2015

Happy Lunar New Year!

Thank you to the families who were able to join us for Ethan Allen's Lunar New Year festival last week.  The scholars loved celebrating and sharing their cultures with the community.  I hope everyone who celebrates the Lunar New Year is enjoying these special days with their families.  

In addition, your child may enjoy taking a close look at the moon and night sky this weekend.  Over the past two nights the planets Venus and Mars have been visible near the moon and the planet Jupiter has also been visible.  Your budding astronomer may enjoy using the Google Sky app which is similar to the Google Earth app I showed them in class a few weeks ago.  This app can help them to identify the stars, planets, and constellations they see above them.





I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me photos from the festival.  I do not post photos of students online, but I save them for my Open House slide show and submit them to the school yearbook.  If you have photos from the festival, please email them to me at lgravessmith@ggusd.us or if you prefer to print them out I can display them in the classroom.

Many thanks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment