Monday, August 12, 2013

Welcome to 1st Grade GATE!

            Welcome to an exciting new school year at Ethan Allen!  My name is Mrs. Smith and I will be your child's teacher this year for first grade GATE.  I am really looking forward to getting to know you and your child.  I have already heard so many nice things about the children who are coming to first grade GATE.
            I would like to tell you a little about myself.  This is my 7th year teaching, and I absolutely love it!  Working with gifted children is a very rewarding job.  Each day is exciting and interesting for both my scholars and for me.  When I am not teaching I love spending time with my son Sebastian, playing with my two dogs, and reading.
            I am so thankful to be a part of such an amazing school.  If you are new to Ethan Allen you are in for a treat.  This school is filled with the most wonderful students and teachers imaginable.  Everyone works hard, and we also have many fun celebrations and activities.  One nice thing about our class is that everyone is new to GATE and many of the children are also new to our school, so everyone will be making lots of new friends.
            Since you know your child better than anyone, I would like to ask you to write me a short letter telling me a little about them.  Does your child have a special talent or interest?  What do they love to do?  What do you feel they will need the most help with this year?  Was there a particular moment when you realized that your child was gifted?  Is there anything important about your child that I should know?  I appreciate you taking the time to write this letter.  You can email it to me, give it to me during GATE Jump Start, or your child can bring it on the first day of school, which is Tuesday, September 3.
            Jump Start is a great way to help your child feel comfortable with their new class.  It is a chance to meet me, take a peek at our classroom, and meet some of their classmates.  Jump Start will be on Friday, August 30 at 11:00 in the Ethan Allen MPR. I hope to see you there!

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment